Engineering for Port Dredging
Over the 30 years that Waterway Surveys & Engineering, Ltd. has been in business, we have found a well defined distinction among our port clients. They basically fall into four prestigious groups, they are:
- Port terminals and Port Authorities employ us to survey and manage dredging work at their berthing facilities
- Large, engineering consultants use us to assist them on multidisciplined port projects
- Port industries rely on us to keep their shipping berths surveyed
- Government clients select us because we specialize in dredging
Virginia Port Authority
Waterway has been performing dredging related work at Norfolk International Terminals since 1979. Since 1994, Waterway has been selected for four Indefinite Delivery Contracts for Hydrographic Engineering/Surveying & Topographic Engineering/Surveying by the Virginia Port Authority.
Waterway has provided over $1,000,000 in professional services to the Ports of Virginia.
Assignments have included:
- Project condition, before and after dredging hydrographic surveys
- Preparation of plans, specifications and cost estimates for dredging
- Complete boundary surveys of all four terminals (NIT, PMT, NNMT, and VIT)
- Preparation, submittal and tracking of Joint Permit Applications for dredging
- Preparation of plats for acquisition, sale and/or lease of real property
- Detailed topographic and utility location surveys for terminal infrastructure improvements